Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Burnt Wood Stylings of BreathoftheDragon



Our friend, Sunfire, is one busy lady. She hosts our team pages on facebook, and myspace. She has her own blog. She runs her etsy shop. She is involved in putting together a store in the East Wenatchee Mall that will run from Nov 15th- Dec 28th. As if that were not enough, Sunfire is in charge of the Breast Cancer Awareness Fundraising Craft Bazaar at her local East Wenatchee Safeway. "I figure I have connections, and I'm sure it would look good to the company that I volunteered to help out. "


Maybe she is living by the sayings on her plaques and magnets? I think so.

The Bazaar will be held October 3-5, from 9am to 4pm each day. Spot fees of $30 per day, or $60 for the whole 3 days, will be donated to Breast Cancer Research by Safeway. Sign-up ends Sept 27, and spots will fill up fast! Contact Sunfire@BreathoftheDragon.com with questions or to sign up.


I picked up the hobby of wood burning over the holidays in 2007... something to pass the time. I played around with symbols and patterns, solid designs rather than artwork. My friends and family encouraged me to list some items on Etsy, and in January, I did. I've made 7 sales since then, and I'm making all kinds of connections through the site. I love it!For me, sticking with something can be tough - I'm usually the one that comes up with the ideas and watches as someone else makes them real. It's weird that I'm still coming up with ideas and I'm the one actually making them a reality. It's fun, though, and I am really enjoying all that this adventure entails.Being on teams may not always increase sales, but it sure is nice to connect with others that understand why you would give up on sleep to make "just one more listing" LOL I'm glad to be a part of this team, and I look forward to helping each other out with promotions, advertising, and whatever else we come up with.
I believe her.




I love celtic designs, so I asked her about this one. It is taken from a design found here: The Ultimate Design Book for Crafters (c) 2006 Search Press Ltd. Sunfire said it took 5 or 6 hours to produce this piece. I think it's great.





4 comments:

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Great interview! I love Sunfire's work :)

Unknown said...

Thanks! Looks great!

*wanders off to promote this to my friends*

Kendra aka Athena's Disciple said...

Great interview - Sunfire is a great asset for any team. :)

Julie said...

Gorgeous work!!