Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Featured Seller last week DistinctlyIvy

Last week we all made treasuries to show off Ivy's beautiful jewelry. I just did a little belated interview with her to post here. Enjoy it after these lovely treasuries featuring DistinctlyIvy:






Tell me something you are passionate about and how that relates to your work.

I am passionate about being able to stay home with my kids in the future. I don't have kids now but hopefully we will in another couple of years and I want to be able to stay home with them like my Mom did with us. I believe this business will get me there!


Is there anything that frustrates you?


It frustrates me when I don't have that one charm or pendant that the customer wants. I might have it in red, but not blue. That frustrates me because I want to be able to give them what they want and make the sale but I just can't for whatever reason.


Is the Etsy community more or less than you expected it to be?



The Etsy community is way *more* than what I thought it would be. There are so many shops and so many buyers!! It's amazing though, how small it can be at the same time. For instance, my sister and a friend and I mentioned a shop we had individually found that sold the cutest headbands. Turns out we were talking about the same shop!! I guess that shows that even with all the shops, you can still make a name for yourself.


Can you share a piece of customer feedback with us?


My favorite piece of feedback: "Timely shipping. And it was even gift-wrapped!! Perfect as this is a birthday gift. I've never had this level of thoughtfulness!"



Is there anything else you would like to add?


I live in Spokane, WA and have been there for the last 10 years. I love that it doesn't rain like Portland but I'm not big on some of the super cold weather we get. :) All in all, though, it's one of the best cities... I love the people!! I have been married for 5 years and we have two kitties who are truly our kiddos right now. Our family is all in town which is so great. I absolutely *love* making jewelry; it is truly my passion.

No comments: