1. Tell us about yourself. Your ‘real’ name and shop name, where you live, do you have children, pets, married? Etc Michelle Boswell - Homemade Scents. I live in small town in northern Idaho called Lewiston. I am 42 years old and married with no children except the 2 dogs that might as well be my children.
2. What is your product? I make highly scented candles and wax melts or tarts some call them. I use premium oils and a special blend of paraffin wax for extreme scent throw.
3. How long have you been selling on Etsy? I have been selling on Etsy a little over 2 years now and have sold online and locally for the past 15 years approx.
4. What do you like about your shop? What I like about my shop is I am at peace while making candles and nothing else is on my mind except the creation I am working on and the excitement always builds up as I wait to see the finished product. Plus, smelling something good always makes me happy. What would you like to change? If I could change anything about my shop it would be my hours. I work a part time job and run my shop, so I would like to be in my shop full time so I could always be making new creations.
5. How did you come up with your shop name? My candle shop is inside my home and my candles and melts are all highly scented so I thought Homemade Scents was just perfect.
6. What is your creative style? I like things with a lot of detail. Neatly done and made with love. Is your work area neat and tidy or a disaster? My work area is neat and tidy right until I step into it and start working. I try to keep it organized but if I am working on a order that requires several different scents, then it can become cluttered quickly with all the different bottles of oil for scents and colors and containers for pouring each candle or molds for my melts.
7. What inspires you? My customer's wonderful comments about my product. Nothing is more satisfying to me than to hear the happiness in their words as they tell me what they think of my product.
8. Do you have any advice to offer to your fellow team mates on how to be successful on Etsy? Love what you do and it will show in your work.
Thanks to Michelle for sharing her story with us, check out her shop https://www.etsy.com/shop/HomemadeScents?ref=si_shopI bet you find something you like!
Here is a treasury full of Michelle's wonderful candles.